Re: caen

Sorry to be so long in replying, I've been in Germany speaking about
Heidegger and Lefebvre. Great conference on Postmodernism (though i don't
like the term), with a really international group of postgrads in various
disciplines.

The Caen conference is happening the 14-17 April 99. Entitled 'Michel
Foucault et la medecine', it is run by the Centre-Michel Foucault, along
with IMEC (Institute Memoires de l'edition contemporaine). The call for
papers was apparently a great success, and they have chosen about 15 to be
presented. Fortunately (and for me surprisingly) I was one of those chosen.
The conference is entirely in French, which will be a trial for me, but I
kind of feel that serious work is only really possible in (or at least with)
the original language.

The contact address is Colloque Foucault et la medecine, 285, rue de
Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, Fax 0033 01 42 50 00 49, e-mail
ph.artieres@xxxxxxxxxx

Those of you who've read the Foucault biographies will know this address is
Foucault's old flat, and along with Philippe Artieres, the committee
comprises Daniel Defert and Emmanuel da Silva.

There are also details on the CMF website, the address of which escapes me
at the moment (my link is on my work PC). Someone (Clare?) should be able to
help on this.

Hope this of interest - again, sorry for the delay

Best wishes

Stuart