RE: disappeared

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Matthew King wrote:
>
> >I would think, anyway, that unless the U.S. explicitly supported
> >Pinochet's crimes
>
> Surely you're being ironic here, right? There's not much question of this.
> For evidence, see the Mational Security Archive,
> <http://www.seas.gwu.edu/nsarchive/NSAEBB/NSAEBB8/nsaebb8i.htm>. From their
> summary:

Thanks for the references. Rest assured that I feel suitably chastened
(although it seems that nothing you posted suggests that anyone from the
U.S. actually told Pinochet to commit human rights abuses--implicit
support would not be relevant to a trial).

> Is it a Foucaultian spirit that encourages this turn-the-other-cheek
> attitude towards this criminal Pinochet?

Who is advocating turning the other cheek? Must I end every sentence
with: ... but still, PINOCHET SHOULD BE PROSECUTED?

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
"In the conviction that it is possible you may depart from life
at once, act and speak and think in every case accordingly."