hello out there

I'm new here. My name is Tony Michael Roberts and I am an adjunct teaching
psychology at Kingwood College. My degree is in educational psychology and I
tend to interprete Foucault as a philosopher of education more focused on how
we should teach than on what we should teach. Education should make a person
skeptical of the conventional wisdom or common sense of his or her particular
cultural time and place. This is important because freedom most be practiced in
thought before it can be put into action. I think Foucault would agree with
Michael Calvin McGee that we live in a society where what we can do is not
limited directly so much as indirectly through limits on what we can think,
imagine or "know" imposed by thinking, imagining and knowing within the limits
of what goes without saying where we are. Where we are is inside a regime of
power which does not generate resistence precisely because the regime is
ubiquitous, without horizon and, therefor, invisible. The first stage in
resistence is imagining the impossible of desire as a zone of potential
existing beyond the horizon of what goes without saying here and now. Learning
to question what goes without saying, to see what passes for normal as quaint
or perverse, is the first step to personal freedom and social transformation. I
know a little Foucault and I'm here to learn more. Turnip-witted rantings like
the above are my attempt to provoke one or more kind souls into educating me
further.
Any Comments?
Tony Michael Roberts