Re: Adorno's influence in Foucault

Hello,

I am rather new on the list - first time that I write a message. But the
relation between Foucault and Adorno is very interesting for me. (Excuse
my poor english; it seems to be, that there is a lack of practice) I
don't think that there is any direct influence from Adorno in the works
of Foucault, altough Foucault did know the "Dialectic of Enlightenment".
There is an interesting work, which is reflecting the in one chapter the
relation Foucault and Adorno/Horkheimer. But I think it's only published
in german - if any one is interested: "Thomas Schaefer, Reflektierte
Vernunft."
All literature I know on the relation between Foucault/Adorno is
concerning to "Dialectic of Enlightenment"; but I think there could be a
more interesting link to Adornos "Negativ Dialectic". Does any one know
if there is any literature on this topic?
By the way I am also interested in literature on Foucault and
Wittgenstein - I think a couple of weeks ago this question was yet on
this list, but I can't remember any answers: So, does any one know?

Greetings, Markus

Stuart Elden wrote:

> Interesting, but I wonder if it is due to the shared interest in Marx,
> Heidegger and Nietzsche, along with them all having read Rusche and
> Kirchheimer on punishment, rather than any direct influence.

Some note on this: I think Rusche und Kirchheimer were members of the so
called "Old Frankfurt School". M.