RE: Adorno's influence in Foucault

Stuart, Vunch and Markus:

Vunch said:

Adorno was not really a Marxist, but rather a critic of Marxism.

Ana says:

Vunch, I don´t agree with that. Although Adorno critizised the idea of
revolution, although, despite Marx, he thought that alienation started in
acient Greece and not in modernity, although he critizised stalinism, I
think that he was a critic marxist. He translated many concepts of Marx to
cultural problems (influenced also in this sense by Simmel) and founded the
Frankfurt School to develop intersections between marxism and freudism.

About the links between Foucault and Wittgenstein (there are many, specially
with the second Wittgenstein), I remember that Foucault took from
Wittgenstein the metaphore of the box of tools, when he says that anyone
can take his concepts as if they were tools, and use them without thinking
who created them.

Ana