RE: foucault and film

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 aoliai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I think the correct title of the movie i referred to is the madness
> of king George. (?) { surveiller et punir}

For the record, the movie is "The Madness of King George". It is based on
a play called "The Madness of King George III". The producers of the
movie dropped the "III"--or so the story goes--because they worried that
Americans would think it was the second sequal to "The Madness of King
George I". (By the way, there was a bit of discussion about the movie--
and some others with Foucauldian themes, though none, I don't think,
mentioning Foucault himself--on this list last summer.)

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
dear readers, my apologies.
I'm drifting in and out of sleep.