Re: Foucault and Heidegger (fwd)

Without dragging this discussion through all points below again, I'll just
say: about issue of "being/Being"--I meant only that Heidegger was up to
metaphysics, even in BEING AND TIME, in spite of phenomenological
intentions to avoid such. This metaphysical Heidegger then "blossoms" in
later works.

Your other comments are enlightening--and
I've heard similar reactions to yours over B. AND NOTHINGNESS!

Again, good luck with your Heid--Fouc. project; to quote the eminently
quotable Foucault: "Is not discourse, in its most profound determination,
a `trace'?" (AK, 210)

Jo-Ann Pilardi