Re: Who determines that one goes to hell?

i think you'd be on track with 2 exams in prot-ism:

Calvin would have it that the all-everything god, by definition (by=20
logic) decides, indeed has already decided before time, who goes where.
calvin's god has already decided who is going to live in what way which=20
causes them to deserve heaven or hell. calvin was a lawyer.

luther, wanting to avoid the corruption of the church and its=20
politicalization and commercialization of divine indulgence and,=20
ultimately, redemption, tends also to say that it is ultimately god's=20
choice, but he waters down calvin's ultra-logical omnipotent/omniscient=20
being into a more loving judge who gives people a break per their=20
intentions and various human frailties. in contrast, calvin's god has=20
a completely dinvine-context for choosing the saved ones. all are=20
condemned (The Prince in Zaffarelli's "Romeo & Juliet" is always the=20
voice of calvin for me:"All are punish-ed. ALL ARE PUNISH-ED!!)

Only divine logical whim determines who is covered by divine=20
sacrificial atonement, and who is not.

Luther had blood sweat and tears involved; Calvin had the swift, clean=20
letter of the law. Calvin has been reincarnated as Ken Starr.

hwsholar@xxxxxxxx