Re: Power In Eduation & Foucault

Stuart and Leo,

I hope you don't mind me stepping into this discussion. I am
new to this list but had the following thought - It seems to me that
the point is not whether or not Foucault made an accurate comparison
between the schools and the prisons. I am not at all clear that this
was his intent. It is my reading that he is intending to outline the ways
in which the disciplinary society is discursively formed and carried out.
The forms of disciplinarity are what are important here not there degree.
It is their interpenetration and"swarm" that is his concern. What do you
think?

Hans