Re: what, so no one's yet discussed the matrix?

Gary wrote:-

...even though Foucault denounced pm but apparently no one dicusses that...

As far as I'm aware Foucault only questioned what it was. But I don't think
Foucault is a postmodernist, and that some of the worse appropriations of
his work are by those who so label themselves.

How many thinkers of repute actually do describe themselves as
postmodernists, or even use the term positively? Of those so often
marshalled to the cause, only Lyotard springs to mind. Foucault, Derrida,
Baudrillard all disassociated themselves it... It often seems to be a term
applied by others, and perhaps more especially in anglo-american thought.

I've made something of this (very little really, other than criticism) in
the introduction to my thesis, and in an article on Lefebvre hopefully
forthcoming in Radical Philosophy.

Best

Stuart