what, so no one's yet discussed the matrix?

I'm surprised no one has yet brought up the film The Matrix. Surprising
erudite for such a film, one of the first things that Keanu Reeve's
character does is pull a book off the shelf, Simulacra and Simulation. Less
obvious references and many themes come up from Foucault, Marx, Nietzsche
and all that. Of course there are better films, but this is one intentially
written as a representation of various "postmodern" ideas (even thought
Foucault denounced pm but apparently no one dicusses that).

If any of you have seen it, I'd be curious how many references were found,
there's quite a few not easily seen. I saw it once but there were many
things that were pretty creative, particularly one part of the film spelling
out the world 'will' in a place difficult to find.

Gary