Re: Historians

In an interview entitled, 'the Discourse of History' (1967), which can be
found in 'Foucault Live,' Foucault mentions the names of Fernand Braudel,
Francois Furet, Denis Richet, and Emmanuel Leroy-Ladurie. These French
historians all belong to the Annales school. They are mentioned by Foucault
in reference to 'The Order of Things.' Foucault claims that these
historians, among others, have contributed greatly to a new understanding of
historical knowledge. I believe also that Foucault was influenced by the
medieval historian, Georges Duby.