RE: theory and critique

>Ed,
>
>I actually didn't go so far as to say that Foucalt is agreeing with the
>Frankfurt school (I haven't even read the piece in question!).
>I said it seemed that he was _influenced_ by the Frankfurt school,
>in the capacity of John's original question, namely:
>"that critique is itself a virtue that can and should be pursued
>even when one lacks a decent blueprint for a just society."

See Michel Foucault "Remarks on Marx" (Semiotext(e). 1991. P115 - 130) where
F seems to acknowledge the similar directions taken by himself and the
Frankfurt school. One area amongst others being "the effects of power that
are connected to a rationality that has been historically and geographically
defined in the West" (P117). F argues that the main area of breakage was
within the Marxist humanism inherent within the Frankfurt school. Anyway,
check it out for yaself.

Doug.