Coercion in drugtreatment

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01BF6817.5EA0DB80

Hello!
I'm an undergraduate student in criminology (at the University of Oslo) =
writing a paper on the use of coercion in drugtreatment.=20
I'm also very interested in Foucault and his theories (although I'm =
still in a "getting to know Foucalt" phase).
I'm wondering whether I can apply some of his work, theories, concepts =
in my paper.
One of the alternatives I'm considering is analyzing what the use of =
coercion in itself means, what does it implicitly say? About the drug =
user, about the drug problem, about addiction. And what does it mean to =
the druguser to be forced to treatment, what does it mean to his/hers =
view of themselves and their problem.
I'm also wondering if Foucaults concepts of power/knowledge can be =
applied, and also his theories on punishment and surveillance.
I'd be grateful for any tips/advices I may receive.

Trond Klykken

tklykken@xxxxxxxxx

ICQ: 20794088

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01BF6817.5EA0DB80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm an undergraduate student in =
criminology (at the=20
University of Oslo) writing a paper on the use of coercion in =
drugtreatment.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm also very interested in Foucault =
and his=20
theories (although I'm still in a "getting to know Foucalt" =
phase).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>I'm wondering whether I can apply some of his work, theories, =
concepts in=20
my paper.</DIV>
<DIV>One of the alternatives I'm considering is analyzing what the use =
of=20
coercion in itself means, what does it implicitly say? About the drug =
user,=20
about the drug problem, about addiction. And what does it mean to the =
druguser=20
to be forced to treatment, what does it mean to his/hers view of =
themselves and=20
their problem.</DIV>
<DIV>I'm also wondering if Foucaults concepts of power/knowledge can be =
applied,=20
and also his theories on punishment and surveillance.</DIV>
<DIV>I'd be grateful for any tips/advices I may receive.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Trond Klykken</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:tklykken@xxxxxxxxx";>tklykken@xxxxxxxxx</A></FONT></DIV></D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>ICQ: =
20794088</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01BF6817.5EA0DB80--