Can Postmodernism survive?

Kia ora Koutou,

In terms of the accumulation of knowledge and understanding gained
from reading philosophers connected to the Enlightenment, postmodernism,
structuralism, and poststructuralism, etc, I fall way short of the mark
in relation to those who have contributed to this discussion as far. So
if this is a dumb comment, never mind, as I don't mind learning from dumb
comments:

It seems to me that thought and the action of thinking, is more material
then I have previously realized and so I have reservations when it comes to
anything that sounds remotely essentialist. When it comes to discussions of
rationality, practices of transgression, or the formulation of a philosophy,

what is being assumed? Is it being assumed that the individual is free to
think
their own thoughts? Or that the individual is performing the operations that

have impacted on them in their life according to its contexts?

It is strange to me that as human beings, our material environment appears
to be a necessity to thought. I am struggling to grapple with statements
like
"I think, therefore, I am" as they are hegemonically a part of Western
consciousness as I see it. How can Postmodernism not survive when I don't
believe we have untied the knot forged by modernistic and Enlightened
thinkers?
Personally, I am, because of my material existence, in which my
comprehension
of it is like a grain of sand amongst the grains of all the beaches of the
world.

Anyhow, just some thoughts or "operations",

Jody Pirret.

jpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx