"about there"/"roughly there"

>...but so are so many other statements [snip]..."So near yet so far away."
>Logically, how can something be both near but, at the same time, far away?
>It makes 'no sense.' ...
---------------

Hi list.
When I read the clip above, I come to think about a passage in
"Philosophical Investigations". I dont have the book here, so I can't
quote. But Wittgenstein asks the reader something about the phrase "Stand
about there" (or "Stand roughly there".) This phrase ("about
there"/"roughly there"), Wittgenstein says, might seem to be in-exact and
bad. But being in-exact is not always being unclear or useless. W. asks the
reader if not this phrase can work perfect, in some everyday situations
(Like, a photographer asks the person to be photographed to "stand roughly
there".

I read my paraghraph above, but I am not sure what my main point is. I hope
you can get something out of the list contribution ;-)

>From a sunny Umea, and
Kent Lofgren
Grad.student/teacher

Dept. of Education