Erik's fear (hatred?) of the People (FKA Whats in a Name?)

Erik:

. Exclusion of the masses? Would you have any confidence in the analyical
> qualities of the average new age disneyland mcdonaldian? Marx was the only
one who had
> faith in the masses and perhaps Hitler. Philosophy was an elitist business
since Thales
> and Heracleitos. If you want to talk to the masses go to the marketplace
and discuss the
> qualities of the Jerry Springer Show.

Erik seems to embody what I despise about the priveledged and those who
sleep comfortably while the majority of the world's population has a hard
time eating every day. He also embodies a tradition that shouts "take it as
it is!" and is too lazy to explore the boundaries between theory and
practice. Why would someone like this be on a Foucault listserv, whom, with
much hesistancy and refusal to speak its name, always engaged society both
as an intellectual and a militant all in the name of an unbreathable justice
that has been absent from philosophy since Thales. Every molecule of theory
has its Gulag.

If you were being sarcastic, I apologize. If not, then sleep well in your
priviledged niche in a priviledged place.