Re: "Erik the Hated"

--------------4624D2519F7E38889A3E08E9

This is a ridiculous knot of bad reading and spitefull irony.

1. with 'elite' I didn't mean those with excessive economic capital, Diogenes was elite
and he was very much aware of it
2. Hercleitos would have appauded me as well
3. I think it's useless to speculate about the personal circumstances of an author, this
is called an 'ad hominem'
4. every philosopher has serious business with the gossip in the city 'the spotted cow',
because s/he has to respond
5. this response is from another side, the philosophers side, wether it has any value is
up to the responsability of the philosopher
6. my appeal to the practical situation in the tradition of philosophy had been
completely overlooked
7. in short: a lot of retorical bull, no reasonable opposition

tony ralph wrote:

> >Erik seems to embody what I despise about the priveledged and those who
> >sleep comfortably while ...
>
> Apparently Loren feels sorry for Erik as he lies in his priveledged
> comfortable bed (with satin sheets no doubt), this is strange because all
> Erik notes is that people gather in market places to talk about Gerry
> Springer. And apparently Loren, from the vantage of her priveledged satin
> sheets, also laments that Erik accepts tyranny "as it is" and refuses to
> believe that one day all people will gather in elite forums to speak of
> philosophy and Thales. Poor Erik, he celebrates the bedlam of the living
> market in all its dirt, commerce and customs. While Loren explores the
> outer boundaries of a rarefied faith that must never enter this profane
> marketplace.
>
> So Erik sleeps at night and is not disheartened by the idle market gossip.
> Meanwhile the Christians, Marxists, Nazis and Lorenites stay awake into the
> small hours and pray, indeed demand, that the original Lyceum rise
> triumphantly from the ruins of the marketplace and that the low-life
> inhabitants therein are recast in their respective images.
>
> The irony being that this triumphant elitism, this philosophy of progress,
> is actually an ancient stoneage paganism. And Erik should not apologise for
> pointing this out. It is heartening that some rise above this Progress and
> walk barefoot in the marketplace and are hated like Erik.

--------------4624D2519F7E38889A3E08E9

This is a ridiculous knot of bad reading and spitefull irony.
<ol>
<li>
with 'elite' I didn't mean those with excessive economic capital, Diogenes
was elite and he was very much aware of it</li>

<li>
Hercleitos would have appauded me as well</li>

<li>
I think it's useless to speculate about the personal circumstances of an
author, this is called an 'ad hominem'</li>

<li>
every philosopher has serious business with the gossip in the city 'the
spotted cow', because s/he has to respond</li>

<li>
this response is from another side, the philosophers side, wether it has
any value is up to the responsability of the philosopher</li>

<li>
my appeal to the practical situation in the tradition of philosophy had
been completely overlooked</li>

<li>
in short: a lot of retorical bull, no reasonable opposition</li>
</ol>

and those who
all
satin