Re: Lynne Cheney's views on Foucault

In a message dated 09/24/2000 11:20:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Solipsist9@xxxxxxx writes:

<<
Isn't this what Chaney bashing is all about? Sounds like most of you are
angry at her thoughts because they don't fit into your canned opinions.
Define progressive before you assume Foucault's thoughts (or yours) are.
Would you give her any respect if you did not know her political position? I
do NOT support her, politically or otherwise, and I certainly am not even
close to identifying with right wingers, but let her speak. That's the point.
John

please be so kind as to tell me who has said she can't speak? no one has
advocated such a position, despite your remonstrations to this point. but
the fact that she can speak doesn't mean, given the hateful nature of her
politics, that I'm not free to dismiss her for the reactionary twit I think
her to be.

& by progressive I mean anti -racist, anti-imperialist, and anti
-authoritarian.

jb...