Re: PoMo Manifesto

Hi,

thanks for this posting (below). It has brightened my day. I have been
involved with a discussion for creative writers and what I found was
quite sad. It seems to me, writing today is about not using
imagination, not about being creative, not about art and not about
literature. One must not even think about writing something creative
or new. A product extracted from something I will call
"post-modernism" although we must be silent on that term and quite
sad.

It is like writing today is a state-war culture. If I can try
to describe the world today in poetic terms, I would say something
like; a mental state of war, a constant mental preparation for war, a
trap of sad war-like feelings. Little wonder then so little worth
reading in fiction is been published because it is not being written.
Fiction writers have become a terrified, frightened and ineffectual
lot. One may well say the author is dead, but your posting provides
hope. Can you give a reference for the quote?

many thanks

Chris Jones