Re: Dits et Ecrits article...."Response to

Doing a little digging on Clare's suggestion, it seems that from the
bibliography listed below the piece Loren is speaking of might just
have been a reprint itself. The bibliography seems to list two
pieces for "my body, this paper, this fire" as published in Dits et
Ecrits.

>102 1. "My body, this paper, this fire" Oxford literary review 4:1
>(Autumn 1979), pp. 5-28. Translated by
> Geoff Bennington.
> 2. "My body, this paper, this fire" J. Faubion, ed.,
>Aesthetics, method and epistemology (New York: New Press, 1998), pp.
>393-417. Translated by Geoff Bennington, slightly modified.

<snip>

>104 See 102.

This entry for 104, see 102 seems to indicate that the editors of
Dits et Ecrits published two different versions of My Body... While
I don't have dits et ecrits in front of me, it would be useful indeed
if someone were to track this down and tell us what, if any,
significant differences exist between these two pieces (as well as
whether or not this second piece, # 104, is the "response" loren is
thinking about.

Can anyone clear this up?

Ed Kazarian

>Dear Loren
>
>A bibliography of most of Foucault's articles translated into
>English can be found at
>http://www.qut.edu.au/edu/cpol/foucault/lynch.html Items are listed
>by the numbers used in Dits et Ecrits. Can I just take the
>opportunity to say again how annoying it is that the entire Dits et
>Ecrits is not appearing in English and that many of the items
>appearing in the Essential Works are already available in English
>elsewhere?

>>>entitled

>--
>Clare

>Clare O'Farrell
>email: c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
>website: http://www.qut.edu.au/edu/cpol/foucault/

ed kazarian
epkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"two things that were left out of the bill of rights:
the right to leave and the right to change one's mind"
-- 'Veronika', in Jean Eustache's *The Mother and the Whore*