Re: FOUCAULT WAS NOT HOMO

I have not said anything on this list in perhaps years, but the subject
line of this post has brought me out of semi-retirement.

First of all, given that it is well-known that Foucault had sex with men,
why shouldn't he be referred to as a "homosexual"? Is the concern that he
would have preferred some other term?

Secondly, the tone of this post seems to be to try to clear Foucault's
name of the taint of the term "homosexual." If this is the case, I find
that project deeply offensive inasmuch as it seems to me to be operating
out of a rather homophobic place. Perhaps I'm totally misreading the
post, but if so, I can think of several subject lines less calculated to
convey this impression.

According to Juan Cruz: