Re: Blatant Homophobia

--part1_e4.10827db3.27aca758_boundary

ahaig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> homosexuality is immoral? What the FUCK are you talking about??

Yes, that is correct. You have to adjust your definition of morality in this
case.
Often, we think of marality as a set of rules that is determined by a
combination of customs and religion, or in general culture, and that feels
unchanging and overdetermined. Kant felt that morality was an issue of legal
rationalization. As we argue about the validity of laws, some laws are found
invalid and changed, just as other vague norms are turned into statutory
laws. Kant is not a fascist, you should however make some attempt to
understand him as his theories are probably the most well known and respected
of anyone's, even though they are also critisized.
But, if you don't understand kant, then you wouldn't understand any criticism
of him either!!!

fwelfare@xxxxxxx

--part1_e4.10827db3.27aca758_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated 2/1/01 4:38:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,