Re: Blatant Homophobia

> > homosexuality is immoral? What the FUCK are you talking about??
> >

>Yes, that is correct. You have to adjust your definition of morality in
>this
>case.
>Often, we think of marality as a set of rules that is determined by a
>combination of customs and religion, or in general culture, and that feels
>unchanging and overdetermined. Kant felt that morality was an issue of
>legal
>rationalization. As we argue about the validity of laws, some laws are
>found
>invalid and changed, just as other vague norms are turned into statutory
>laws. Kant is not a fascist, you should however make some attempt to
>understand him as his theories are probably the most well known and
>respected
>of anyone's, even though they are also critisized.
>But, if you don't understand kant, then you wouldn't understand any
>criticism
>of him either!!!

I agree. I also believe that homosexuality is immoral. But again, this
does not entail hate toward a homosexual, because for me to hate would
be for me to corrupt my will.

I am also not necessarily arguing for the Categorical Imperative. It
is the best conception of morality I have seen so far, but I am not
completely satisfied with it. I am not arguing for Kant's specific
moral ideas, rather for the need for trancendental morals rather than
moral relativism or straight nihilism.