discussion

Hello:
it's my first post to this list.
First of all:
I think almost all of you have been blinded by your pedophilic desires
:/) and fell in the net of that sixteen year creature (the very son of
devil) :-). He (you Brian) is in the power's side since his arguments
are based on the tradition of philosophy (which was normative until a
litle before Foucault). I can't believe that i read some of you arguing
in an aristotelic logic way. Logic, from Aristote to positivism is a way
of legitimation power is based upon and its pretension of beyond-time
validity the way to solidify and universalize temporary and epocal
values and norms. A law is beyond human discussion if it follows the
norms of logic (even Popper claimed something like that against Adorno
and social sciences). Those were even called 'natural laws'.
Second: because of that the previous discussion was in very kantian's
period terms.

Besides, it seems to me that you want to unify Foucault as a kind of
whole without holes. That's not Foucault at all. Foucault is *SOMETHING*
that changes after each new reading because his is not a closed
philosophical system. Indeed a list devoted exclusively to him is
perhaps against him. The way of taking F's thought seriously has,
perhaps to do with thinking F's discourse in the net of discourses wich
trespasses it.

Another thing: if sexuality is to be positioned as a place of resistence
we have to be able to deal with discourses that refer to it.Foucault is
something else than a contemporary Marquis de Sade. He told somewhere
that Sade was interesting for neither his philosophical claims which
were very weak nor for his sexual practice but for making that practice
become literature.
And of course if someone is about to shoot me i'd better shoot him
before. And a nazi is that one, except you are a nazi too, and even so
he'll shoot you.

Apologies for my English.

Best regards
Roberto

--
Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for the gratest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer. -Charles Caleb Colton, author and clergyman (1780-1832)