Re: if -- And (Ignore previous message)

--part1_9d.17db2eac.2877f362_boundary

Sorry, I keep accidentally sending mail with this damn track pad.

I suppose you would level the same ad hominem criticism against any
Archeology that seeks to understand the
historical/cultural/economic/political trends that allows a text to be
written. Sorry, but texts aren't created in vaccuums by writers with
objective insight into Truth. Unique historical situations are always at
play. Interpretation of anyone's sexuality is a text in itself that deserves
analysis. It seems awfully Victorian to put it beyond academic discourse.

It's too easy to dismiss a discussion your uncomfortable with as "silly,"
"pseudo-intellecutal," and "moronic."

<<Come on dude, this is all a bunch of bullcrap and you know it. Plato's
texts, like all texts, stand on their own. Your claim "to have known Plato
the person" is laughable. I've been subscribed to a number of lists, but I've
never seen such psyco-babble in all my life. Some of you are even worse than
the Ayn Rand followers, and they're some of the dumbest people on the planet.
The reason why you and a large number of other people are doing what you do
is obvious: it's all you can do. And the reason it's all you can do is
because you haven't yet educated yourselves to the point that you can read
and understand the texts involved, and comment upon them intelligently. In
essence, what a number of you are saying is this: "Well, maybe I can't
understand the text, but I can understand that the author liked to have sex
just like I do! And that the author pissed and crapped just like I do! I can
talk about all of that with authority! Nobody can put out crap any better
than I can!"
Well, it was fun making light of you pseudo-intellectual morons for a while,
but the novelty of it has worn off. In fact, I now find it disturbing to see
that ability of so many people to think in this "post modern" era has eroded
to such an extent. Go buy yourselves some Foucault love-dolls and have your
fun. I want nothing further to do with this silliness.

One Love,

Aaron J. Lyttle

--------
"The voice told her when and where and why,
She said, 'I've lost control.'"

-Joy Division

--part1_9d.17db2eac.2877f362_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Sorry, I keep accidentally sending mail with this damn track pad.
<BR>
<BR>I suppose you would level the same ad hominem criticism against any
<BR>Archeology that seeks to understand the
<BR>historical/cultural/economic/political trends that allows a text to be
<BR>written. Sorry, but texts aren't created in vaccuums by writers with
<BR>objective insight into Truth. Unique historical situations are always at
<BR>play. Interpretation of anyone's sexuality is a text in itself that deserves
<BR>analysis. It seems awfully Victorian to put it beyond academic discourse.
<BR>
<BR>It's too easy to dismiss a discussion your uncomfortable with as "silly,"
<BR>"pseudo-intellecutal," and "moronic."
<BR>
<BR>&lt;&lt;Come on dude, this is all a bunch of bullcrap and you know it. Plato's
<BR>texts, like all texts, stand on their own. Your claim "to have known Plato
<BR>the person" is laughable. I've been subscribed to a number of lists, but I've
<BR>never seen such psyco-babble in all my life. Some of you are even worse than
<BR>the Ayn Rand followers, and they're some of the dumbest people on the planet.
<BR>The reason why you and a large number of other people are doing what you do
<BR>is obvious: it's all you <I>can</I> do. And the reason it's all you can do is
<BR>because you haven't yet educated yourselves to the point that you can read
<BR>and understand the texts involved, and comment upon them intelligently. In
<BR>essence, what a number of you are saying is this: "Well, maybe I can't
<BR>understand the text, but I <I>can</I> understand that the author liked to have sex
<BR>just like I do! And that the author pissed and crapped just like I do! I can
<BR>talk about all of <I>that</I> with authority! Nobody can put out crap any better
<BR>than I can!"
<BR>Well, it was fun making light of you pseudo-intellectual morons for a while,
<BR>but the novelty of it has worn off. In fact, I now find it disturbing to see
<BR>that ability of so many people to think in this "post modern" era has eroded
<BR>to such an extent. Go buy yourselves some Foucault love-dolls and have your
<BR>fun. I want nothing further to do with this silliness.
<BR>&gt;&gt;
<BR>
<BR>One Love,
<BR>
<BR>Aaron J. Lyttle
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"The voice told her when and where and why,
<BR> She said, 'I've lost control.'"
<BR>
<BR>-Joy Division</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9d.17db2eac.2877f362_boundary--