Re: RE: crippled

I think the point is that this person consistently posts clippings without comment to this and other lists. If he or she wants to make a point in relation to Foucault and real world events, great. But that's not what is being done. The list should not just be a dumping ground for anything anyone thinks might be interesting. Who has the time to wade through that?

>>> N.E.Widder@xxxxxxxxxxxx 07/09/01 06:35 AM >>>
Why isn't this the place to discuss this? The article opens a lot of issues
about, for example, the relation of self and other, and the way this relates
to the continued use of force, violence, and domination (which Foucault
certainly didn't say was non-existent, even if his studies were more concerned
with more subtle forms of disciplinary micropowers) in our contemporary world.
I could list more, but for crying out loud are people so enervated that they
cannot think of how to link this and other real world phenomena to Foucault???

Nathan

>===== Original Message From foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====
> Are You sure that here is a place for such disscusions?
>Zhivko
> Clifford Duffy <cwduff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Guardian Tuesday May 1, 2001
>
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4178420,00.html

[snipped out rest, an operation which should be practiced more often by people
on this and other lists]

Dr. Nathan Widder
Lecturer in Political Theory
University of Exeter