Re: Men making men, eh, who needs women...

Steve

Thanks. That was my sense of the earlier work. What's interesting, for me,
is the development to the later work, and his claim that it was indeed a
development or 'depassement' from the earlier, rather than its refutation.
'Search' does indeed make that claim, but within a new context. Like Allen,
I think that Sartre's later work bears close examination, and that Foucault
is wrestling with a similar concern (even if not following the same line).

Has anyone read Thomas Flynn's work on Sartre and Foucault?

I guess I'd have plenty to say about Clifford's last post on Sartre (and
Heidegger), but he looks to have gone. As this isn't a Sartre list I won't
continue that particular thread.

I do hope to have some time soon to attempt a response to Ali on the notion
of event.

Stuart