From: RMaisel@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:58:57 EDT
Subject: thanks
To: sissy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI Laura,

I hope you are well, and had a good weekend. thanks for sending me the stuff
on foucault. it was really interesting, though i know i am not
understanding it all. Could you do me a bog favor and ask the people on the
foucault list for a few references for his work on modern regimes of power,
i.e., disciplinary and prescriptive forms of power. Perhaps expalin that we
are thinking about anorexia as a disciplinary form of power that relies upon
normalizing judgement, and ask for references for texts by Foucault, or by
others who write about his work that might make these ideas accessable to
novice readers. I'd really appreciate this. See you thursday.

Rick

--------------36283B83DECACBAD9D6AF71C--