Savoir

------=_NextPart_000_ba7_76be_3aad

Am I correct is saying that Foucault's term savoir:

concerns itself with the discovery and symbolising of discursive formations

??

or from reading Governmentality (p.20), does it mean something a bit
different?

Is savoir a noun? or a verb? or both?

In some ways I could perceive it to be the representation of discursive
formation - a sort of accepted procedure, or a ritual for doing things
within due course ... along the path and between the defined limits or
pickettes of acceptable behaviour.

Lionel

------=_NextPart_000_ba7_76be_3aad