Re: A twist to dossier and gaze

--------------6175A94B15E2F64404E01AC9

Lionel,

Could you explain what your question is. And contrary to the concept of
'event', which Foucault discusses extensively, what is the status of
'dossier'?

Jesper.

Lionel Boxer wrote:

> I have been chatting offline with Lisa Hennon regarding gaze and dossier.
> This posting is to solicit feedback about what I am trying to do with gaze
> and dossier.
>
> The dossier I am referring to is one that relates to an event. For example,
> the official corporate line regarding an environmental disaster caused by
> the the company. I was interviewing a petrochemical CEO and, rather than
> talk about the event, the CEO said he would give me a copy of the
> confidential report.
>
> The way I am considering dossier and gaze is that the dossier on the event
> enables the manager to direct a gaze that implies 'everything is fine and
> don't worry ... we have everything under control ... it will not re-occur.'
>
> This seems to be something entirely different from what is in Discipline and
> Punish (I am half way through that now.)
>
> Any comments?

--------------6175A94B15E2F64404E01AC9

begin:vcard
n:Grolin;Jesper
tel;fax:+45 38 15 28 65
tel;home:+45 38 11 70 15
tel;work:+45 38 15 29 60
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Copenhagen Business School;Department for Organization & Industrial Sociology
adr:;;Solbjerg Plads 3;2000 Frederiksberg;Denmark;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jg.ioa@xxxxxx
title:Assistant Research Professor
fn:Jesper Grolin