Re: A twist to dossier and gaze

Of course: look at hte cotext as Kristeva would say. Stuart suggestion
makes me think of Bakhtin. He makes a difference between monological and
dialogical texts. I suppose that any text which is preoccupied with the
conclusion has strong monological tendencies, because it's not
powerfree, as Habermas would say. Another interesting thing Bakhtin
says is that every text has several voices, every voice has its interest
and perspective. In this text there's teh voice of Foucualt, Habermas,
Bakhtin (explicitely), but also of many other texts (implicitely). They
show themself in the way i write. In ironic texts there's a real
discussion of antagonistic voices. Maybe the power of the dossier has
comething ot do with cotext, but also with the voices in it. I can
imagine that sometimes voices of very powerfull or unquestioned nature
can speak along.

erik