Question: contruction + agency ...

Hello

I written my interpretation about the following passage at the end of the
email. Can you tell me if I am on the right track? Thanks!

In Jerimer, Knights and Nord (1994) Resistance and Power in Organisation,
there is an article by Knights and Vurdubakisd, 'Foucault, power, resistance
and all that'. On p. 184 is says:

'Power and resistance should not therefore be understood as having an origin
in abstract 'human agents' but as having specific conditions of existence at
particular sites: Power relations involve agents that are costituted in a
specific form in particular locations as for instance workers, shop
stewards, managers, accountants, trade unions, feminist groups, shareholders
and so forth. To argue that agents of resistance are constructed in thsi
way does not mean that they are determiuned. Opposing construction to
agency is to elaborate a false opposition. Construction does not imply the
passiv ity of physical determination.
On the contrary, contruction is the very scene of agency, it makes
intervention possible through participation (Butler 1990).'

Does this mean that human agency is about interpreting things in context and
putting together a way of seeing the world and subsequently defending that
perception?

Thanks!

Lionel