Re: Foucault on the GIP

Nathan,

As far as I can remeber the most explicit discussion is to be found in ;
Power/Knowledge: Selected Interviews and Other Writings 1972-1977, Colin
Gordon (ed), trans. C. Gordon et al, Harvester Wheatsheaf, 1980. Also
relavent is Remarks on Marx: Conversations with Duccio Trombardi, trans.
R.J. Goldstein and J. Cascaito, Semiotext(e), New York, 1991. To a lesser
degree you can also find some material in Politics, Philosophy, Culture:
Interviews and Other Writings 1977-1984, Lawrence Kritzman (ed), Routledge,
London, 1988, especially introduction is worth looking at. Apart from that
three excellent intellectual biographies of Foucault can be very good
pointers viz. James Miller, The Passion of Michel Foucault (New York: Simon
and Schuster, 1993),Michel Foucault, Didier Eribon, trans. Betsy Wing,
Harvard University Press, Massachusetts, 1991. David Macey, The Lives of
Michel Foucault (London, 1993).

YOu might also be interested in looking at the manifesto Written by Michel
Foucault, the GIP Manifesto was signed and presented to the press by
Foucault, Domenach, and Vidal-Naquet on 8 Feb. 1971. Foucault, ?(Manifeste
du GIP),? in 1970?1975, vol. 2 of Dits et écrits, ed. Daniel Defert and
François Ewald (Paris, 1994), 174?75. There are other related documents in
the same volume.

Hope some of this is of help.

Best regards
ali