From: "Stefan Szczelkun" <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ali_m_rizvi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: I'm not on the Habermas list any longer - do you think the list
would be interested in my thesis on line? All the Best Stefan
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:09:00 +0000

WEBSITE LAUNCH - PRESS RELEASE -
http://www.stefan-szczelkun.org.uk

Exploding Cinema 1991 - 1999: culture and democracy

This is a thesis about collective cultural practices in Britain from
1967 to 1999 with Exploding Cinema as its main case study. Anyone
interested in artists collectives of any sort will find something of
interest here...

Suggests reflexive methods of creating knowledge of such phenomena.

Suggests a theoretical framework for legitimating such cultural work
by critiquing Jurgen Habermas' Theory of Communicative Action with
Foucault's writing.

Includes a wealth of details about Exploding Cinema, including a
catalogue of films and filmmakers showing from 1992 - 1997 (those
listed in the programmes at least!).

May be freely used for non-profit purposes by acknowledging use to
author.

If anyone can give me references or links to other stuff written on
artists collectives or related stuff I love to hear.

Stefan. September 2003

Cheaper and better broadband from Freeola - from £26.99 p/m plus
FREE domain hosting, static IP and more! www.freeola.com/broadband

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess