MAAOE03 Reminder 20-22 Oct 03

This conference has about 50 papers submitted and refereed for publication.
THe conference will be held on 20-22 Oct 2003 in Melbourne.

Last minute registrations are welcome for those who are interested in
attending to watch proceedings, but no further papers can be accepted. I
will extend the early-bird rates to members of this list if they register
within the next five days.

Details on the conference website: http://www.intergon.net/maaoe

Lionel Boxer CD PhD MBA - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Attend MAAOE 03 --- Melbourne --- 20-22 Oct 03
http://www.intergon.net/maaoe -- http://intergon.net/card
In 1976 Michale Foucualt said: ... terrorism ... has a totally opposite
effect which is to make the bourgeois class even more closely attached to
its ideology ... (original in French) 'Le Savoir Comme Crime'

>From: "Nigel Laurie" <nigel.laurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "foucault@lists. village. virginia. edu"
><foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: CFP: Philosophy and Management Education
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:19:04 +0100
>
>Call for Papers
>
>FROM PHILOSOPHY TO MANAGEMENT AND BACK AGAIN? PHILOSOPHY AND THE EDUCATION
>OF MANAGERS
>
>University of Gloucestershire Business School, Cheltenham
>Thursday 20 November 2003 9.30 - 5.00 pm
>
>A 1-day seminar/workshop organised by the University of Gloucestershire
>Business School in association with Philosophy of Management (formerly
>Reason in Practice).
>
>AIMS AND APPROACH
>This informal event provides an opportunity for teachers, researchers,
>consultants and managers to:
>o Share experiences of the issues, challenges and approaches taken in
>enhancing the contribution of philosophy and philosophers to management
>education
>o Discover how others have worked through issues of common importance
>o Learn about resources that have proved to be valuable in bringing a
>philosophical dimension to management education
>o Review outcome studies completed or in progress
>o Consider follow up actions
>
>CONTRIBUTIONS
>
>We invite contributions in the form of brief paper presentations, poster
>presentations, demonstrations and workshops.
>
>Presentations should be supported with slides and/or handouts and last up
>20 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes allowed for discussion. Posters
>should be displayed on approximately 4-6 sheets of A3 paper. Workshops and
>demonstrations should last up to 75 minutes including discussion.
>
>If there is sufficient interest, Philosophy of Management will arrange
>publication of the conference materials in some form.
>
>Topics to be addressed could include the following:
>
>o Why do many in the field of management misperceive philosophy and
>philosophising: as anti-practice, ^Ñnegative^Ò, irrelevant, etc?
>o How can the misperceptions of philosophy and philosophising best be
>corrected?
>o How is philosophy being integrated into the management curriculum?
>o What curriculum designs and teaching strategies involving philosophy have
>proved successful with managers and student managers?
>o How can philosophers contribute in assessing values and assumptions and
>choosing goals and methods in management education and training?
>o What resources have proved useful in bringing a philosophical component
>management education and training: texts, textbooks, film, video,
>psychometric and other instruments, cases, etc?
>o What philosophical methods have proved successful in helping managers
>philosophise agers e.g. communities of enquiry, Socratic dialogues?
>o Where can and should philosophy contribute to the management curriculum?
>o Who should teach or facilitate the philosophical contributions?

> [...]

Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. More info at
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/MoChat.asp?blipid=6800