Help with a paper

Hi, everyone,
I happened upon your discussion of Derrida and
Foucault's debate over Descartes' passage on madness.
I'm currently taking a class on French moral
philosophy, where we're reading, among others, these 3
writers, and I was just thinking about working on that
issue.
Since I haven't had a whole lot of exposure to
philosophy until recently, I always struggle for a
possible subject for my final papers - it seems to me
that nearly everything has been written and by much
better minds...
So, it was easy to say that I was going to work on
madness in those 3 writers, but what exactly am I
going to try to prove?
I'd appreciate any ideas as for what might be worth
exploring or any other possible help as for what
should the goal of a paper in a philosophy class be.
I do not necessarily have to work on madness at all,
so if you have other interesting ideas that have
nothing to do with it, they'd be greatly appreciated
as well - the readings we're doing include Seneque,
Montaigne, Bossuet, Turgot, Comte, Fourier, Satrtre,
Camus, and many others.
Thanks.