RE: Problematizing

Hi rk,

That's great, which leads me to other questions:
1) is it possible to remove yourself from your culture? And if partially so,
to what extend?
Foucault speaks of Pierre Riviere as a person who is caught in discourse
beyond himself, and narrated his suicide in prison, which I take to imply a
certain causal effect. (Foucault did not explicitly state that "trapped in
discourse beyond self" causes "suicide", it's just my own perception). If
Pierre's action/ destruction is indeed an effect of culture/ discourse of his
own time, is there any way he (or we) can escape from that discourse?
2) and if it is possible to remove (or to some extend remove) oneself from his
own culture/ discourse - would that make the person a threat to the society,
since he is no longer disciplined and controlled by the governing agent?

-Cordelia