Re: combats with AIDS, and Foucault's personal attitude

Hi,

I find it facinating the way Mr. Mbeki has decided over the issue. He called
four or five scientits of each side, and asked them to debate the question
for some time. After that, he decided that he wouldn´t pay for medication,
on the grounds that, in Africa, nobody was testing HIV, but diagnosing by
the symptoms only. And as it can be very well confirmed, those symptoms are
the same when people are starving. He said he would first try to combat
starvation, and then, when there is moneys, look at the problem of HIV.
To me, that´s good enough to problematize AIDS, the fact that there is no
testing for HIV going on in most of Africa, and it is still being anounced
that Africa has the larger number of cases. Cases of what, that is the
question, of HIV causing AIDS or of AIDS as a byproduct of starvation (not
caused by any virus)?
There is plenty of information about that, which I don´t know by heart, but
anyone may see it in the sites of the dissidents from all over the world.

Carlos