Re: foucault-digest V2 #662

Actually, that´s the importance about the issue: people die. So if it is not
a virus that is killing people, and, please, I must enphasise "IF", and it
is other factors, the implication would be that people die from other
reasons which are not being looked for.
A good example is AZT. Whether or not HIV does causes AIDS, it is a fact
that AZT causes death, and causes it through its most important side
effects, which are immunodeficience. They did know that, but gave people AZT
anyway. Another example is the almost obligation of having babies taking
medication when they test HIV +, despite the fact that most of those babies
test HIV - after six months. Facts like this just contradict a simple
logical thought.
Other facts that contradict a simple logical thought are; 1. an antivirus is
a virus that does not destroy the cell, HIV would be the first and only one
to do so.
2. The 'truth' about de sindrome has been spread around before anyone had
scientifically demonstrated it. There is a price offered for anyone who
produces a picture of the virus, which is the way someone may claim that has
found a new virus. Medication "for" Aids has been used before it was tested
and it was approved in spite of that. The test for HIV is the only test that
pays royalties.

All that needs to be considered, and yes, the ironic analogy to the earth
not beeing flat may well be used, because, and just because, it MAY not be
flat, in this case, there is reasonable doubt about that cause/consequence
relation.

One last word about "people dieing". People do die of starvation, taking
drugs, smoking tobacco, having a sexual life with a frequency of over 50
different people a week or, taking too much medication, for one reason or
another. What the dissidents are saying is that the sindrome does exist, and
it would be caused by the way of life of the person, amongst other factors
that could include, or not, an anti-virus. But a change in the way of life
does not sell medication, does not help get funds for research.

So, yes, if some day people find out that the earth is not flat, I´ll be
glad to say, 'well, I did doubt the truth everybody was so sure of'.

Thanks again, I really don´t think there is any need to discuss this issue,
it all began with the speculation on what would be Foucault´s attitude IF he
were alive.

Thanks for your attention

Carlos

Em 09 Jan 2004, foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escreveu:

>I certainly hope that list members do not conclude that this is an
>appropriate topic on which to "withhold judgment" and have an "open mind."
>One might just as well have an "open mind" about whether the earth revolves
>the sun, or vice versa, or on whether the earth is flat or a spherical
>shape. The only difference is that in this case, the idea that HIV does not
>cause AIDS has some rather serious, real world consequences: people die.
>
>> Hy Anthony,
>>
>> I am really not qualified to answer to your questions. Frankly, I am not
>> concentrated on that right now, I´m reading other subjects, working a
lot,
>> but I would like to sujest you see what is in this net pages, just for
the
>> sake of seeing with an "open mind" what are this scientists
>> who disagree
>> with the majority are saying:
>>
>> www.virusmyth.net/aids/
>>
>> www.oikos.org/aids/people.htm
>>
>> www.whatisaids.com
>>
>> www.ed-sherbeyn.com/main.htm
>>

>> I hope this could better illustrate the discution.
>>
>> Carlinhos
>
>Leo Casey
>
>Power concedes nothing without a demand.
>It never has, and it never will.
>If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
>Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who
>want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and
>lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters.
>-- Frederick Douglass --

Voce quer um iGMail protegido contra vírus e spams?
Clique aqui: http://www.igmailseguro.ig.com.br
Ofertas imperdíveis! Link: http://www.americanas.com.br/ig/