Re: Human rights

Hello,

About human right, from a foucaldien perspective :

Agamben, G. 1996 "Beyond human rights", in P. Virno and M. Hardt (Eds), Radical Thought in Italy: A Potential Politics, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis

and, above all :

Agamben, G. 1998 Homo Sacer: Sovereign Power and Bare Life, D. Heller-Roazen (trans.), Stanford University Press, Stanford

Non-foucaldien : Hannah Arendt.1951 The Origins of Totalitarianism, Harcourt, New York.

Specially the end of tome 2 "Imperialism" : chapter nine "The Decline of the Nation-State and the End of the Right of Man".

I am working on it now ; you can check citations in my wiki (I will put in cycle more and more) :

http://www.cite.uqam.ca/magnan/wiki/pmwiki.php/AER/HannahArendt

to get a feeling of it.

Agamben is creatively rereading Arendt with foucaldien glassses.

Enjoy ! It's at the same time very depressing and very stimulating,

Philippe.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---