Re: How Much Does It Cost To Tell The Truth

At 09:12 PM 6/4/2004 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi Charles
>well, Foucault Live seems to have an air of suspicion surrounding it, or
>around Sylvia Lotringer's translations. Of course, it was Herculean to
>translate all of that material, so she can readily be forgiven, but so
>many of those articles have now been retranslated and published elsewhere.
>Any comments anyone? This list seems kind of quiet; must be exam season.
>Mark
Dear Mark,
One correction: it is SylvERE Lotringer, a Columbia U professor. And you
may have noticed that translations were done by someone else. Such is the
case, for example, in the two volume Deleuze occasional pieces, Desert
Islands and Other Texts and forthcoming translation of vol 2, Deux regimes
de fous et autres textes (hats off to Mike Taromina). I am a bit less
forgiving, but I have my own tales (and they belong on the D&G list
anyhow). Thanks for your help.
CJ Stivale

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---