Re: grid of intelligibility

If I'm not mistaken they we're referring to dispositif as a grid of
intelligibility in that it allows one (conceptually and theoretically)
to conduct a 'conjonctural analysis' of power-knowledge relations:
dispositif, as I take it, is an 'analytical concept' (un concept
analytique) that allows one to analyze the articulation, at a given
period, of elements of different nature (laws, institutions,
architectural structures - such as the prison - discourses, etc.). In
other words, I don't think they we're stating that dispositif is the
same as grid of intelligibility but that dispositif is a grid of
intelligility (of power-knowledge relations)... much like Stuart Hall's
concept (or theory) of articulation would be one or that Guattari and
Deleuze's concept of agencement could be said to be a grid of
intelligibilty.

François

--
François Gagnon