RE: Happy Positivism

The phrase is used in the "Order of Discourse," at least in the
translation found in Language and Politics (ed. Mike Shapiro) and
Untying the Text (ed. Robert Young). Page 133 of in Language and
Politics (penultimate paragraph of section VII) reads:

"Let us call these domains of objects positivies, and let us say, again
playing on words, that if the critical style is that of studious
casualness, the genealogical mood will be that of a happy positivism."

Nathan

Dr. Nathan Widder
Lecturer in Political Theory
University of Exeter