Re: micro-translations

This adds many dimensions to Foucault's concept of POWER

"the term foucault uses for power,
>>"pouvoir," can also mean "be able (to)", "can," "be possible," or
>>"capacity," etc."

Great insight.

Lionel Boxer CD PhD MBA - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Charity day at Dame Elisabeth's - see http://intergon.net
Victorian Scottish Regiment
NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT (none may attack me with impunity)
Melbourne Volunteer Rifle Regiment 150th Anniversary --
http://intergon.net/rifles

>From: francois gagnon <francois.gagnon.1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: micro-translations
>Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:46:47 -0400
>
>Yes it can.
>F.
>
>Kevin Turner a écrit:
>
>>while we're on the subject of translation...
>>
>>can someone confirm that the term foucault uses for power, "pouvoir," can
>>also mean "be able (to)", "can," "be possible," or "capacity," etc.
>>
>>cheers - k
>>
>>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:52:00 +0200, xavier delcourt
>><delcourt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>équilibre européen: "european balance" would be totally acceptable from
>>>my point of view
>>

>--
>François Gagnon
>Doctorant
>Département de Communication
>Université de Montréal

FREE* Month of Movies with FOXTEL Digital:
http://adsfac.net/link.asp?cc=FXT002.7542.0