From: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Kelly
Sent: 08 November 2004 02:55
To: Foucault List
Subject: Re: actualité

It seems to me that there's a hefty ahsitorical element to Heidegger's Being
and Time analytic of Dasein which makes it inimical to Foucault, who sees
subjectivity as historically constituted in a much stronger sense than the
early Heidegger. At least that's what I'm arguing in my thesis at present.
Possibly there's a great answer to this in Stuart's book, but I've left it
at home.

On 7/11/04 21:46, "Kevin Turner" <k_turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having slept on it, I'm inclined to agree with you. I too think that
> I am probably pushing things a bit too much here; especially the
> relation between Dasein and actualité. Maybe I inadvertently stumbled
> upon the limits to all of this when I noted that each is merely
> addressing a related question: what are we now!
>
> Regards - Kevin.

---
This message is certified Virus Free.