Re: actualité

In a message dated 11/6/2004 12:53:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k_turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't want to analyse what people think opposed to what they do.
But...what they think when they do what they are doing" ('The Culture
of the Self,' Berkeley Language Centre, 12 April 1983).

Thus it seemed to me that the correlation to Heidegger's "clearing" was not
power but "thought," where thought is understood in terms of our relations
to truth, to rules, and to ourselves.

Foucault may mean by actualite what the actors as participants in a
situation consider as a constraint to their desire and behavior. From this
perspective, temporality and other's perspective are considered, in terms of the
effects of the possible interactions. I do not think that actualite means simply
the concrete here and now but instead to broader states of affairs.

FW

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---