Re: actualité

Kevin
Foucault is quite explicit that he is more familiar with the later Heidegger
in 'The Return of Morality', his last interview. He says there, 'I
practically don't know Being and Time'. That might be true, but he certainly
knew the early Heidegger: he translated Binswanger, studied under
Merleau-Ponty - in fact the whole climate of French philosophy in Foucault's
youth was Heideggerian, meaning *early* Heieggerian. But this was precisely
the philosophy he was proximally concerned to reject.
Mark.