[Foucault-L] Re: Introduction to Kant's Anthropology

Hi,

I looked at the site Marcio mentions.

I haven't made a detailed check but it looks (from quick comparison with an
old partial transcript) as though, except for one hiatus, the omission of all
footnotes (most of which, as I recall, were simple page refs.) and the
presence of some typos, this may well be an accurate and complete text of
Foucault's introduction to his translation of Kant's Anthropology in his
complementary doctoral thesis of 1961.

About two thirds of a page is missing on page 3 of this version, in the gap
between '6)' and the word 'definitive'. In fact the early part of the thesis
text containing this passage has been published as the Notice Historique to
the Vrin edition of Foucault's translation (Paris: 4th printing, 1984, p9).

Did I see in an earlier posting that someone is working on a translation?
That is a great idea and I would be happy assist such a project if I can. Now
that people (e.g. Beatrice Han) are publishing critical discussions of this
thesis it would make sense for people to be able to read it.

regards

Colin