Re: [Foucault-L] education and Foucault

Hello again,

It was probably a little rash of me earlier to say that the Popkewitz and Brennan book is THE major work. I should have said A major work. Just a few other titles in the philosophy of education -- Bernadette Baker's Dangerous Coagulations? The Use of Foucault in Education (2004, Peter Lang). Cleo Cherryholmes had one of the earlier books -- Power and Criticism. Stephen Ball also had an early one -- Foucualt and Education. James Marshall at the University of Auckland is also a major philosopher of education to look at. Tom Popkewitz has other books besides the one I mentioned in the last post. And there are many others. The other books I described in the last post -- Ferguson, Hicks, Dyson, Davies, Walkerdine -- are largely based in studies of particular children in particular classrooms and are terrific reads.

Gail
--
Gail Boldt
Assistant Professor